California Name Change


We file a Name Change in Every County in California.

This package is applicable for both an adult name change and a name change for a child. Our Name Change Lawyer will advise If you wish to change the father's name on a minor's birth certificate as this usually requires that you file a Petition to Establish Parental Relationship if you were not married.

Here's what you get when you purchase this package:

  • We file the petition for Name Change; if it's for an adult we do not need to serve anyone; if it's for a minor we serve the other parent by mail (we assist in alternative service if requested)
  • We perform the required publication
  • We obtain a court date
  • We prepare you for the court date

This package is for a 'legal name change' or 'court ordered name change' both of which will allow you to change your name legally. A discussion with the Attorney will determine if there is any impediment to a name change such as a criminal record.

SKU: FL-NC Category:


Filing Fee additional ($435 in most counties); may be waived by the court based on income.

Publication fee additional (usually $95). It may be higher depending on the city & county in which you live. We will advise.

On average, our clients save at least $500 with this package!

Your consultation will be scheduled within one business day of your purchase to ensure timely action.

To file for a Name Change, you must be a resident of California (live in CA for at least 6 months and in the county for at least 3 months).

The other parent needs to be served if the name change is for a minor. If the address of one parent is unknown a newspaper search would be needed.

We file for a name change throughout California, in all counties as well as the cities of Los Angeles & Glendale CA.

Related Blog Posts

Related Videos

Don't Waste Time & Money During the Divorce Process!

Enter your details below to download our FREE Step-by-Step Guide on California Divorce and learn how to save big!

Your Name...
Your Email...